In order to integrate with Skyscanner Hotel Direct Booking we have created a simple guide which outlines the main requirements needed, in order to smoothly onboard your hotel's product.
Our Partner Services Team will be responsible for coordinating the integration and delivering all the technical requirements to our engineering team in order to begin the development work. We will be on call for any technical questions you may have.
Please find below our technical requirements for integrating.
Getting rates and Availability
You will most likely already be integrated on Skyscanner's redirect model. We connect through your pricing API to retrieve the rates and availability offered on a search completed by a user (search parameters: property id, check in, check out, number of guests, number of rooms). We refer to this as our availability or shopping API.
Checklist of what we require:
- Hotel identifier (as included in the property catalogue)
- The minimum price for the specified inputs
- Maximum occupancy (Maximum occupancy of each room. If this is not part of the response, the response must only contain groups of rooms which are guaranteed to match the input)
- Where possible the response should also support the following output fields:
- Cancellation policy including if free cancellation is included in the price, deadlines,
- Penalties and other conditions
- If breakfast, half board, full board or all inclusive is included in the price
- Any restrictions related to children guests
This API must return directly available, accurate prices and availability as they are ready to be purchased by the traveller. This API should not be cached.
Content (property level & room level)
In order to provide our users with a choice of room types we require not only property level information, but room level content. We accept the following room content and encourage our partners to provide as much of this content as possible.
Property Level content checklist
API which returns the below as a minimum:
- Hotel Name
- Internal Property ID
- Street address
Room level content checklist
API which returns the below as a minimum:
- Room Type Name (eg Standard room)
- Room Type code (e.g. SR)
- Room bed type (e.g. Double)
- Rate plan code/ID
- Payment Type (e.g. pay on arrival)
- Payment card type (e.g. MasterCard Debit, Maestro)
- Room type description
- Room type images
- Cancellation policy
The above criterion is mandatory and we cannot proceed with the integration without retrieving this content in a dynamic way. Please note that this content can be retrieved from your availability and/or property level content API. We do not require, as standard, a specific room level content API, however, this option is preferable. Skyscanner will accommodate your set up provided that, together, the two APIs contain all of the conditions of the reservation, along with full price breakdown, for display to users.
We also support extra room level content which is very welcome but not mandatory for integration purposes.
- Room size
- Room amenities
- Room max occupancy
- Rate plan name
- Rate plan description
- Meal plan
- Guarantee policy
- Deposit policy
- Tax and fee info
The data returned will be presented similarly to the below mock-up
The booking API’s sole purpose is to place the booking made by the user in the partner's system, based on the incoming data. We require a valid AOC of PCI Compliance. We need to pass this to our payment provider (Braintree) as Skyscanner do not handle payments directly.
All the collected checkout information (contact, billing, room-rate, guests) excluding payment details (credit card number and CVV) are sent from Traveller interface to Skyscanner for processing and the following flow to Braintree commences:
- All sensitive credit card information is securely stored in Braintree
- Request for reservation is sent to Braintree
- Braintree composes the request with the credit card data and makes a request to the Partner's Booking API, booking confirmation is transferred back from partner API to the user.
- (Optional, if requested by partner) Skyscanner sends e-mail confirmation to the user (more information on this is provided in the Branding section)
Booking API Checklist
- UAT Endpoint/credentials
- Prod Endpoints/credentials
- AOC of PCI Compliance document
- Test credit card details to complete end-to-end booking
We use branding assets to represent the look and feel of your brand. We can display your hex colours and logos as specified by you.
- Brand logos (.svg format, Dark and Light)
- Loyalty logos (.svg format, Dark and Light)
- HEX colour codes
- Brand colours (Dark and Light)
- Text colours (Dark and Light)
- Link colour
Do you have loyalty points?
We want to show your loyalty logos as a reference for the user throughout the booking flow. Please provide these in the .svg format on a dark and light background if applicable.
Please ensure that you have the technical capabilities to fulfill our MANDATORY requirements. If you have any questions or need assistance please reach out to our Partner Services Team on the Support Portal and they will be happy to help.
vous est plus que la parole pour pour tous ce que fait pour les petite agence en online comme nous merci de votre aide
Please sign in to leave a comment.