Publication Date: 5th July 2018
Effective Date: 23rd July 2018
This Partner Policy sets out our key expectations of our partners, and key actions or omissions which our partners take which could result in their removal temporarily or permanently from Skyscanner. It also sets out how we will handle any removal from the site, and how to resolve matters. It applies to all partners in all markets (including Direct Booking).
In this policy, where we say “You” and “Your” we mean our partner (whether online travel agent, carrier, hotel, car hire partner or otherwise) and “us”, “our” or “we” means Skyscanner Limited (“Skyscanner”) and any group company of Skyscanner. “User” means a user of the Skyscanner platform which has access to your goods or services via our platform (whether or not the user ultimately transacts with you).
- The content and travel data You provide us shall be accurate and not include any prices that are not available on your website/platform.
- You shall provide us with all data which we reasonably ask You to provide to us, within a reasonable period of time upon our request, to allow Skyscanner to offer your goods or services to our Users. Skyscanner reserves the right, on giving 15 days’ notice, to vary the type or format of data we require You to provide.
- You shall not take any actions (or make any omissions) which have the likely or deliberate effect of harming Skyscanner’s ability to ensure the information You provide us is accurate.
- Nothing that You deliver to Skyscanner for presentation to our Users shall include any information that is or could reasonably be regarded as misleading (whether relating to pricing or general terms and conditions).
- You shall not incorporate unfair, misleading or unreasonable charges in Your prices or booking processes or deal in currencies that are not appropriate to the relevant market. The pricing information you provide is also subject to our Payment Policy.
- You shall ensure that any and all optional extras require the informed opted-in consent of the User (and do not use pre-ticked boxes), that they are marked clearly as being optional and that the terms and conditions applicable are clear and not misleading.
- All the services that You provide to customers and our end-Users shall be of a professional standard.
- You shall ensure that You comply with the terms of all legislation and applicable laws in the supply of goods or the provision of services to Skyscanner Users. It is Your responsibility to determine what laws apply and to ensure you comply with them.
- Nothing in Your content or data provided to Skyscanner shall result in Skyscanner being in breach of any applicable laws or regulations.
- You shall comply with all Skyscanner polices notified to you from time to time, including Skyscanner’s Modern Slavery Policy, Anti-Bribery Policy and Payment Policy.
- Accuracy of pricing information provided to Skyscanner is critical. We use different methods, to ensure that the pricing information You provide us is accurate, including testing based on actual User redirects and complaints provided by Skyscanner Users. You shall take all reasonable steps that we require to allow us to effectively monitor price accuracy.
- You shall not take any deliberate steps to mislead Skyscanner about the accuracy of pricing information You provide to us.
Removal from Skyscanner
- A material breach of this Partner Policy (or another policy we have notified to You in advance) can result in the immediate removal of Your content from Skyscanner without advance notice.
- Where Skyscanner becomes aware that You are deliberately seeking to provide inaccurate information to Skyscanner which, in our belief, has or will have a harmful or misleading effect on Users, we may remove that content (or all content You provide to us) from the Skyscanner platforms without giving You advance notice.
- When an excessive level (meaning 25% or more) of prices shown by You on Skyscanner is found to be inaccurate through our testing processes or where Skyscanner becomes aware of a breach of our Payment Policy, Skyscanner will remove the inaccurate content from Skyscanner’s platforms immediately and without notice.
- Where we become aware of something that is likely to lead to the removal of Your content from Skyscanner (for example, an increasing number of User complaints) we will take reasonable steps to notify You in advance to discuss how to avoid removal.
Reinstatement of content on Skyscanner
- Where some or all of Your content has been removed from Skyscanner, whether advance notice has been given or not, the following process will be followed:
- After removal of the content, You will be contacted by the relevant member of our Partner Support team without undue delay (usually the following business day), to explain the reason for that content being removed from Skyscanner.
- If removal relates to accuracy issues, You will receive sample results of recent inaccuracies including API requests, responses and screenshots of each issue.
- We will discuss with You steps you must take to ensure better accuracy of information and pricing information, and/or other information relevant to Your content being shown on Skyscanner.
- Where removal is because of accuracy issues, Your content will in most cases be automatically reinstated (and available on Skyscanner) 24 hours after it is removed, provided we are satisfied that the issue has been resolved. If the issue is not resolved, it will not be automatically reinstated until the issue is resolved.
- If we believe Your content should not be released to Users because it is harmful, needs further investigation or is indicative of a wider issue with accuracy, or where we have removed Your content because You have materially breached the terms of this Partner Policy, then the content will only be released to Skyscanner’s platform after we are satisfied that the issues are resolved.
- The duration of any removal of Your content is at our discretion, and will be influenced by the severity of the issues, the corrective actions we ask you to take, your compliance with them and whether or not you have breached this Partner Policy previously.
- Where we become aware of deliberate and/or repetitive action taken which will have the effect of misleading Users, removal of some or all of Your content is likely to be for a longer period.
- Any removal and reinstatement of content is at Skyscanner’s discretion. However we will always act fairly, transparently and in the best interests of our Users.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Partner Policy or its enforcement at any time, please contact us via Zendesk.
Skyscanner may amend this Partner Policy from time to time, and will notify you when it does and what any changes mean for you. This Partner Policy is supplemental to any written agreement (including Partner Order Form) already in place between You and Skyscanner.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Skyscanner Partner Policy. We expect you to adhere to this policy at all times. We share the responsibility to protect our users and your customers from unfair and illegal treatment online. If you have any questions, or need advice to support on implementing the Skyscanner Partner Policy, please get in touch with us via Zendesk.