Below is the updated partner policy which should be implemented by all partners by 13th January 2018.
Our Partner Policy refers to steps Skyscanner will follow regarding a high percentage of partner price issues. Partners should be aware of the steps taken when price accuracy does not meet Skyscanner expectations. To enforce this, we will use this policy to outline the corrective procedures we will follow regarding instances of excessive price problems.
This policy applies to all online travel agents working with Skyscanner. Price Accuracy is monitored and tested based on actual user redirects.
Skyscanner Partner Policy
- The content and travel data you provide us shall be accurate and not include any prices that are not available on your website.
- When an excessive percentage of total price accuracy is found to be inaccurate for a partner our team will send a warning via Zendesk and problem carriers will be filtered out. If overall price accuracy does not improve after reaching out and sending the partner examples on more than one occasion, then Skyscanner will filter results from our live site until fixed. Partners will receive a file with sample results of recent inaccuracies including API requests, responses and screenshots of each issue.
- If price increases are determined to be consistent with specific carriers then results with this/these carrier(s) will be immediately filtered until the partner informs us that the issue is resolved.
- Individual price inaccuracy results passed to us from users will be filtered from our live site until resolved.
- Nothing that you deliver to us for presentation to our users shall include any information that is or could reasonably be regarded as misleading (including where surcharges are being applied in breach of applicable legislation).
- You shall not incorporate unfair, misleading or unreasonable charges in your prices or booking process or deal in currencies that are not appropriate to the relevant market.
- You should ensure compliance with the EU Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2), and the regulations which implement it across the EEA countries. PSD2 generally prohibits surcharges being applied to consumer debit/credit cards, and has broader effect in certain territories. The terms of PSD2 can, in certain circumstances, have effect outside the EEA. You shall ensure compliance with the appropriate legislation at all times.
- Where such surcharges are permitted under legislation, you shall not charge consumers excessive payment surcharges and shall at all times only charge consumers the actual cost of processing such transactions. In the event that you incur any payment charges in excess of 2% you shall charge a maximum of 2% to consumers.
- Where the application of a discount for certain methods of payment is allowed under applicable legislation, it must not have the effect of operating as a surcharge on consumer credit/debit card transactions.
- You shall ensure that all optional extras require the opt-in consent of the user.
- Price inaccuracies caused by violations to our payment policy (prohibited surcharges, excessive payment fees, pre-selected fees, language and currency violations) are subject to immediate removal from our live site until resolved.
- The prices supplied in the travel data shall include all ancillary costs essential for the consumer to complete the booking, or where these cannot be reasonably estimated in advance, the fact that such costs will be payable must be flagged.
- Nothing in your content or processes shall breach any applicable laws or regulations, or result in Skyscanner being in breach of applicable laws or regulations.
- All the services that you provide to customers and our end-users shall be of a professional standard.
- If the Skyscanner payment policy is continuously violated or deliberate gaming is detected by partners then we will filter partner results for 3 working days, even if the issue has been resolved. Longer suspensions will be considered if this continues.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Skyscanner Partner Policy. We expect you to adhere to this policy at all times. We share the responsibility to protect our users and your customers from unfair and illegal treatment online. If you have any questions, or need advice to support on implementing the Skyscanner Partner Policy, please get in touch with us via Zendesk.