This depends on the market. Ideally, an API returns the prices in the currency for the respective market. For example, all Russian OTAs should give us the prices in RUB and sell tickets in RUB and no other currency. Part of the price inaccuracies shown on our site originates from the fact that a currency conversion was applied. By ensuring that the prices returned by an API match the currency of the respective market, conversion errors can be neglected.
Articles in this section
- Why my offers are not present in results?
- What kind of filtering or selection process do you have in place?
- Why is the price different from the API response?
- How are itineraries organized?
- Self-Transfer Filtering
- Partner Quality Score
- Why isn't the carrier's logo shown in the itinerary?
- How do you display price for more than one passengers?
- What carrier do you display in search results?
- Are there any user searches not related to caching for which API request isn’t sent?