Skyscanner actively monitors the variance in price between your site and our results, which is known as Price Accuracy. As Price Accuracy is fundamental to maintaining customer trust and driving conversion rates, Skyscanner actively monitors it to give you a view on how you are performing.
We express Price Accuracy as a percentage of the tests where the price returned from your API and the final bookable price are the same. You can easily view this on a per market or global basis and use filters to identify the best and worst performing markets.
Monitoring your price accuracy will enable you to act when you see your percentage dropping. This is particularly important as price accuracy issues can also reduce your Customer Feedback stores, increase the amount of your content that is filtered out due to accuracy issues, and impact your look to book ratio.
We now offer partners the opportunity to install Landing Events Price Accuracy.
Why should you install Landing Events?
Travelers use Skyscanner because they trust that they will see fast, accurate and comprehensive results when they search. The accuracy of those results is particularly important, with changes between the prices seen on Skyscanner and the prices seen when landing on a partner's website being one of the most common reasons users get in touch with our support teams. Low accuracy is also one of the biggest drivers for poor Partner Quality Scores.
What are Landing Events?
We have changed the way we measure Price Accuracy at Skyscanner. Our new Landing Events report the price seen when a Skyscanner traveler first reaches your site, this is then compared against the price on Skyscanner. They help us show you how accurate quotes on Skyscanner are, and allows us to display the most accurate and up-to-date prices.
What are the benefits of Landing Events?
- Targeted price accuracy management means Skyscanner can identify and remove inaccurate quotes surgically, which means your PQS scores will be less affected when things do go wrong
- Our tag-based solution removes the need for additional price checking, improving look-to-book ratios
- Real-time reporting of the accuracy of all your redirects from Skyscanner, including detailed downloadable reports
- Comparison against the average accuracy of other partners in the markets where you operate, broken down by Airline and OTA
- Meaningful accuracy reports on a route-by-route and carrier-by-carrier level
How to install SAT for Landing Events?
Welcome to the documentation for the Skyscanner Analytics Tag (SAT). SAT allows us to track users from browsing on Skyscanner to landing on your site through to booking. Through installing SAT events, we can provide you with insights on how users are behaving. Additionally, we can give you market insight to help you achieve success on Skyscanner.
Please visit the Price Accuracy section of the Partner Portal for links containing all the necessary details on how to install SAT and provide event data to us.