Skyscanner facilitates the booking process by directing users to the respective provider's site upon selecting a quote on our platform, using what we term as a "deeplink." It is essential to emphasize that there should be no mention of Skyscanner on our partner's page or domain URL. This practice ensures absolute clarity for users, confirming that they are making their reservation directly with the partner and not through Skyscanner.
To ensure a seamless user experience and accurate representation of travel deals, please follow the deeplink guidelines for integration with Skyscanner:
- Language and Currency Specificity: Provide language-specific deeplinks, each tailored to the respective currencies offered on your website.
- Landing Page Requirements: The landing page generated must be a result page, with the user’s selected deal prominently highlighted at the top. We do not accept the use of the homepage as a valid deeplink.
- Official Website Association: The landing page must be directly associated with your official website. Unbranded versions or pages customized for specific users are not considered valid.
- Price Consistency: Present the same prices to end users, utilizing the parameters in the deeplink. No additional user interaction should be necessary to display the final prices as reported in the API.
- Comprehensive Rate Display: Include all rates offered via the API on the landing page for full transparency.
- Region IP Restrictions: If there are any region-specific IP restrictions for the deeplinks, communicate these restrictions to Skyscanner promptly. This information helps us in diagnosing and resolving issues related to redirecting based on geographical location.
Deeplink Structure Example
Creating a deeplink structure for our service involves flexibility, as there is no fixed pattern. In some cases, a key field is sufficient to redirect users to the appropriate offer.
Example of a key-based structure is:
However, for more detailed and customized deeplinking, partners can specify rules to construct links that encompass various parameters. Here's a template:
This structure allows partners to define the necessary parameters, ensuring accurate redirection to the specific offers they intend to highlight.