When a user clicks on one of the quotes provided by our partners for a specific flight combination or other types of offerings, we will send the user to a specified page on the partner's website. This specific page is called a deeplink.
There are usually two types of pages (depths) on the partner's website we aim for the user to land on:
- Day View: the page to show a list of flight combination results relevant to a specific search query.
- Booking Page: the page where a single flight combination is selected and the user can start booking.
Ideally, we would hope to send the user to a booking page depth for better conversion, however we understand this may not always be the case due to technical constraints on partner's website. Under these circumstances, we would aim at sending the user to the next supported depth: the day view.
A deeplink should have the ability to handle incoming requests, and show relevant search results or exactly the same flight combination selected by user. We are capable to redirect user to your deeplink with HTTP GET parameters directly or after a background HTTP POST call to retrieve such URL.
We also encourage you to include deeplink URL information for each quote in your Pricing/Availability API response. If a more complex mechanism to generate such URL is absolutely necessary, please do include a clear instruction in your technical survey and discuss this with your technical account manager.
Deeplinks usually have the following 3 parts:
- Base URL: the landing page where the user should be redirect to. For example: https://www.example.com/flight/results
- Product Parameters: the GET parameters to show the user the correct result. For example:
- Affiliate parameters: the GET parameters for you to track traffic attribution. For example:
So, a complete but simplified deeplink may look like this:
We will be able to supply the following information as parameter to your deeplink:
- User's preferred language
- User's currency
- If user is on desktop or mobile
- General flight result data
A working example of deeplink is required in the technical survey, we may ask you to provide deeplinks with and without marketing parameters for extra clarity. To expedite your pre-integration checks, we encourage you to include as much information as possible in the survey.