The integral part of flight integration is the quote API, this is the way we get live price / availability information from your server.
The API should be able to:
- Return prices within a maximum of 30 seconds, and ideally within 10 as every extra second degrades the user experience.
- Provide the final price in the currency of the respective market. The final price shown on the website and the one returned by the API should be identical.
- Appropriately signal error messages to identify when a given flight is not available or that a route is not serviced by the 3rd party website.
- Provide the price in the same currency as is displayed on the provider website (this improves the price accuracy)
- Return Prices & Flights information in a single request (rather than multiple separate requests for each quote) – preferred
For flight search requests, we are able to provide your API with the following information:
- Origin (IATA format) for each flight segment
- Destination (IATA format) for each flight segment
- Flight date for each flight segment
- Cabin Class
- Number of passengers (adults, children and infants)
- City indicator - if your server accepts IATA city codes
- List of airports/cities and dates for multi-city searches
The requests to your server can be HTTP GET or POST requests, please include working examples and API documentation to explain the parameters in details. For example for cabin classes, a mapping of the code used in API and the actual class service is required.
The response from your server should include the following information:
- Origin (IATA format)
- Destination (IATA format)
- Departure time
- Arrival time
- Marketing carrier
- Operating carrier (if different from marketing carrier)
- Flight number
- Cabin class
Per itinerary /quote:
- Base price
- All taxes and fees (including card fees, if present)
- Deeplink URL (if possible)
- It is recommend to include deeplink URL in each itinerary / quote, as you retain flexibility in case a change of URL is needed.
Additional fare information (where available, per segment or itinerary):
- Fare Basis Code (alpha-numeric characters)
- Booking Code/Fare Code/Booking Class/RBD/Reservation Booking Designator (one letter that represents the fare that the ticket is booked into)
- Fare Family Name (name of the fare family, for example Basic Economy, Flex, or Business Promo)