The integral part of flight integration is the quote API, this is the way we get live price / availability information from your server.
A third party API should be able to:
- Return prices within a maximum of 30 seconds, ideally this is within 10 as every extra second degrades user experience.
- Provide the final price in the currency of the respective market. The price shown on the website and returned by the API should be identical.
- Appropriately signal error messages to identify when a given flight is not available or that a route is not serviced by the 3rd party website.
- Provide the price in the same currency as is displayed on the provider website (this improves the price accuracy)
- Return Prices & Flights information in a single request (rather than multiple separate requests for each quote) – optional
For flight search requests, we are able to provide your API with the following information:
- Origin (IATA format) for each flight segments
- Destination (IATA format) for each flight segments
- Flight date for each flight segments
- Cabin Class
- Number of passengers (adults, children and infants)
- City indicator - if your server accepts IATA city codes
The requests to your server can be HTTP GET or POST requests, please include working examples and API documentation to explain the parameters in details. For example for cabin classes, a mapping of the code used in API and the actual class service is required.
The response from your server should include the following information:
- Origin (IATA format)
- Destination (IATA format)
- Departure time
- Arrival time
- Marketing carrier
- Operating carrier (if different from marketing carrier)
- Flight number
- Cabin class.
Per itinerary /quote:
- Base price
- Tax and fees
- Deeplink URL (If possible)